The NEC SV system offers two types of voice mail systems, the InMail (built in voice mail system) and the UM8000 (larger add on voice mail system). The most common is the InMail for the SMB market.
To access your voicemail box, press the button under the VMsg label in the display. Typically you will not need your password if you are accessing it from your own desk.
You need to set up three items - your greeting, your name and your password.
- Greeting - should be something short like "Hi, you've reached John in accounting. I cannot take your call right now but please leave me your name, number and brief message. Thank you"
- Name - simply record your first name or first and last name (depending on your company policy)
- Password - this will be a four digit password. Please do not use your extension number, 0000, 1111, 1234 or similar. If you do not set a password, you will not be able to access your voice mail from outside the system.
From the main menu you can do the following
- Record your greeting - Press 4 then choose greeting 1, 2 or 3. Follow the directions to record.
- Record your name - Press 76 then press 7 to record. Follow the directions to record
- Set your password - Press 67 then press 7. Follow the directions to change your security code.
When finished press the Speaker key or hang up the handset.